Manchester – Fixed Term To Cover Maternity Leave – Up to £27k
The Database & Programming Development and Support team is responsible for the development and maintenance of in-house applications, database solutions and user interfaces. The post holder will also support the ICT Programming Manager by contributing to the design and implementation of in-house applications, database solutions and user interfaces.
The Applications Developer will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle, from meeting with users to discuss requirements, through the design stages, to the implementation of databases and applications. To provide support for project management, documentation of databases and applications and to support and train users as required.
To design, code and test technical solutions to maintain and extend existing projects To meet users with development requirements to ascertain the detail of their requirements and develop a requirements specification. To develop software from documented requirements and specifications To create and maintain technical documentation using defined documentation templates To contribute ideas, experience and knowledge of industry trends or developments to the process of recommending suitable solutions to users To work with the Programming Manager to agree on a solution design. To support the New Media Team and other departments with technical maintenance and solutions for the web.
Main Duties :
- To assist in development for corporate Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS).
- To implement agreed database designs using Microsoft SQL.
- To design, develop and implement database interfaces using Microsoft .NET, MOSS and web technologies as agreed.
- To upgrade legacy Microsoft Access based applications to Microsoft SQL.
- To develop the organisations use of web technology to interface with databases.
- To subsequently support and maintain systems and user interfaces.
- To document the design of all in-house systems and user interfaces developed to aid other support staff in their subsequent support.
- To provide user guides of all in-house systems and user interfaces developed using the standard methods.
- To train users in the use of newly developed interfaces.
- To advise and assist the Head of ICT and Infrastructure support team with the development of the IT systems in line with the organisation’s ICT strategy.