Up to £60,000 p/a – Liverpool
Description: Responsible for developing the strategy for aquiring and retaining valuable customers in order to grow the on-line business globally as well as for the core marketing channels including search, affiliate, email and social, managing channel performance to agreed targets and maintaining global analytics, KPI’s and reporting.
Responsible for developing the strategy for acquiring and retaining valuable customers in order to grow the on line business globally as well as for the core marketing channels including search, affiliate, email and social, managing channel performance to agreed targets and maintaining global analytics, KPIs and reporting.
Scope of Role:
Direct our client’s e-commerce activities including development and execution of online strategies and business development. Lead all online marketing activity to increase sales and meet set goals and forecasts.
Customer Services Manager
Online Product Builders
Customer Services Assistants / Administrators
- Sales target
- Marketing budget
- Staffing budget
- Internet P&L
- • To design, manage and deliver the overall E-commerce strategy.
• Set the website KPI’s in-line with business requirements.
• To have overall responsibility for online traffic, sales and performance.
• Responsible for providing analytical reports and implementing change based on the site performance to maximise site traffic and conversion rates.
• Responsible for web analytics tools, tracking and management information systems to monitor current online marketing campaign performance, seek out new opportunities and improve performance. To develop appropriate metrics and procedures to measure effectiveness of all on-line marketing activity (ROI) using web analytics tools to monitor campaign performance and seek out new opportunities.
• Responsible for developing the PPC strategy and responsible for the overall PPC performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and overall management of the PPC budget.
• To develop and manage the SEO strategy either directly, or through an external agency, to ensure that strong search engine optimisation is achieved through management of keywords and link building. Maintain high rankings for top performing keywords
• Ensure on-going usability and website testing to ensure effective evolution of site design, content and functionality to take ownership of analysing the online customer journey and to propose and implement improvements for site functionality and the customer journey to improve this and to increase the site conversion rate and increase the volume of online sales.
• Work with the Marketing team to develop ecommerce marketing plans which support customer acquisition and retention. Work with the Marketing team to increase the volume of high quality, qualified traffic to the website through the best practise online marketing /SEM techniques.
• Effectively plan & manage on-going web development in line with the Marketing and wider commercial and business strategy. Drive the online proposition, extending existing brand values to this channel.
• With the marketing manager, create, implement and oversee the annual online marketing plan.
• Responsible for Online Display advertising and Affiliate Marketing.
• Manage regular online competitor analysis on relevant markets. Look for trends and new opportunities from the wider micro and macro environment. Undertake competitor, sector and market analysis in order to develop new PPC plans / strategies based on inventory, supply and consumer demand trends, maintaining ROI at all times.
• Provide and articulate regular competitor intelligence which gives insight into current web performance and trends in order to assess effectiveness, ROI & profitability.
• To ensure that all website development requirements are prioritised with IT team/external development team and to take part in any discussions about website development with the IT team and other internal resources.
• Evaluation of new media and new technology for online progression, including development for mobile web and apps.
• Create and source of content for the website; create tactical initiatives to help support specific products, and to target particular markets. Ensure all content reinforces brand values.
• Ensure a customer centric approach is taken online, ensuring clarity, simplicity and effectiveness of communication in line with brand personality, tone of voice and objectives.
• Manage the Ecommerce team to ensure the correct prioritisation of all tasks and projects to ensure timely delivery. Define Ecommerce KPI’s to ensure that the team are aligned with overall objectives and that targets reflect this. Ensure continual monitoring of progress on a regular basis.
• Identify training and development requirements of the team.
• Motivate and support the E-commerce team and support the wider marketing team.
• Motivate and support customer services team and encourage growth of telephone sales channel
Ensuring that all members of the team are focused on achieving goals that will drive the overall target of increasing online sales through increased footfall, average order value and conversion rates. Reducing ongoing costs through negotiation of best deals for platforms and services.
Essential Knowledge & Proven Ability:-
• Proven track record of delivery results in an online environment
• Proven track record of managing in an online environment
• Good web / CMS technical experience
• HTML/ CSS experience
• Extensive experience management and understanding / implementation of PPC and SEO
• Extensive knowledge in the online environment
• Commercially driven.
• Complete understanding and passionate about the online environment
• Clear understanding of key online marketing priorities.
• Excellent understanding of Excel and other analytical tools
• The ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets.
• Drive and determination.
• Commercial awareness.
• Creative flair.
• Confident presentation style.
• A passion for retail.
• Ability to work to deadlines (and to ensure others do).
• Demonstrable organisation/communication/interpersonal skills.
• Managing a team
• Good team player.