– Salary £26,500 p/a-
To provide an IT support service to users at all our client’s sites that meets the required service levels.
• Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests assigned to you by the IS Service Desk so
that the service levels in our IS Service Catalogue are met.
• Diagnose and resolve problems identified in the IT infrastructure, including desktop
equipment, servers and network cabling and data switches.
• Configure and deploy new IT equipment
• Observe the change-control procedures.
• Comply with IT Security Policies in your own work and monitor the configuration of
equipment and the behaviour of users for possible breaches of IT security.
• Systematically monitor the performance of the IT Infrastructure against the service levels in the
IS service catalogue.
• Ensure that the physical environments in which technology is housed – data centres, data closets,
workshops and store rooms – are clean and are kept in an orderly fashion.
• Correct errors and omissions in the Service Configuration Knowledge-base.
• Provide an emergency service desk function at weekends on a rota basis and also when service
desk staffing levels are low.
• Experience of providing in an IT technical support service within a large organisation.
• Understanding of the following ITIL processes: Service Request Management and Incident
• A methodical approach to problem solving.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008 and Active Directory.
• Thorough knowledge of PC and printer hardware and experience of fitting components, e.g.
network cards, disk drives and so forth.
• Good knowledge of: Apple Macintosh and OSX, TCP/IP, network equipment (including
firewalls, routers, and switches), Server operating systems (Windows essential, Linux
desirable), web technologies (Apache, Tomcat), VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft Exchange.
• Some experience of supporting Blackberry devices and mobile and fixed telephones.
• Commitment to a high standard of customer service.
• Excellent communication skills
• IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundation accreditation.Share