Network Engineer – 3 month contract – SE London – ASAP start
Substantial Experience of installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows 2003/8 servers. MCSE preferred.
- Experience of configuring and managing virtual servers using VMware 4. VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- Substantial Experience of installing, configuring, and managing MS-Exchange 2007 servers.
- Hands on experience of managing a Storage Area Network (SAN) in a live business environment.
- Extensive network knowledge and skills – IP addressing, routing , DHCP, DNS
- Wide experience of configuring and trouble-shooting network equipment (switches, routers & firewalls)
- Experienced user of VERITAS Backup Exec, preferably to backup to an LTO tape library
- Experience supporting HP server hardware
- Experience of creating and managing Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and associate threat management tools
- Experience of operating a Network Access Control (NAC) system in a live environment
- To provide technical support to our client during the installation of a new storage and backup solution.
- To assist the installation engineers from the solution supplier and facilitate their work in our client’s server room.
- Use VMware tools and techniques to migrate to the new storage solution all of the data referenced by a number of virtual servers and include them in a revised backup regime. These servers will include Windows file servers, MS-SQL database servers and an MS-Exchange server.
- Provide operational support to the IS Service Desk for issues arising from the server/data migration.
- Provide technical support during a roll out of Network Access Control and the introduction of a VPN to an external partner organisation
To apply for this role please upload your CV hereShare